Nozzle broken

FrankSchumann

Posted · Nozzle broken

Ahoj together,

I searched the Forum and couldn't found some helpful information for my problem.

So what happend, I changed the nozzle of UMO (with extruder upgrade and heatbed) and then the Nozzle cracked. Now the screw threads stuck in the heatblock and the tip is in my hands. The problem is I have no idea what I can do to get the broken part out of the heatblock. Any ideas how I can solve this problem? Do you need some more informations or pictures of the part in the heatblock?

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Frank

Posted · Nozzle broken

this can happen if you screw it too hard, too cold. The area of the thread is thin and brass is weak.

Search for 'broken screw removal' if you cannot get it out with pliers or so. And heat up the nozzle about 150 degrees while doing this.