Under extrusion causing weak prints.

NemDroid

Posted (edited) · Under extrusion causing weak prints.

Hello,

I'm having problems with under extrusion on recent prints. The print comes out with visible lines and is very easy to break. This happened once before and after many Atomic Pulls and re-leveling the bed it went away entirely for a couple weeks. I once again tried leveling the bed and clearing the nozzle, but so far have not seen an improvement. I also tried varying the temperature between 210-230, using different filament and different files.

I'm using PLA on a UM2 extended. I've had this printer about a month and have been printing almost constantly.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Finished print.

IMAG0340.thumb.jpg.c92eadba8bd555134d057d3484a36bcb.jpg

Broken cross section:

IMAG0342crop.thumb.jpg.2248f081068b4ecad7c3e58bad305e2a.jpg

Any advise would be welcome!

Thanks

IMAG0340.thumb.jpg.c92eadba8bd555134d057d3484a36bcb.jpg

IMAG0342crop.thumb.jpg.2248f081068b4ecad7c3e58bad305e2a.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Under extrusion causing weak prints.

Wow thats a bad case of under-extrusion you have got going on there.

The PTFE Coupler can deform which can cause issues like this. This normally starts happening after 500hours or so but could happen earlier if you print at high temps or have models with heaps of retractions.

Have you looked at the Trouble shooting guide or the Advanced Tips section of the website? there is a lot of useful information that could highlight the cause of your issue.

I have gone through the troubleshooting guide, but I hadn't seen the advanced tips section. The picture of the Ultimaker Robot looks just like one I printed last night.

Thanks for the link, Labern!

Of course! :)

I had been doing Atomic Pulls with darker filament, thinking it would show left over filament from the white print. I switched to white and immediately realized I still had residue in the nozzle. After several more pulls, all the residue was removed and subsequent prints came out good. Lesson learned. Thanks for the tips!

That's good news, good luck in your not-building project!

• Like 1