'Always on' fan for UMO+

Posted · 'Always on' fan for UMO+

Hi,

I want to put a small fan on my printhead to cool the hotend (prevent cloging), for printing materials like bronzefill.

I order a 30mm fan, https://www.conrad.nl/nl/sunon-ha30101v3-0000-a99-axiaalventilator-industrie-12-vdc-594-mh-b-x-h-x-d-30-x-30-x-10-mm-184263.html?sc.ref=Brand%20List

The problem is; I have no idea how to wire it to the pcb. I can't use the LED port because I allready use it.

Can anyone help me out?

There's a 5V fan plug on the board that is what um2 uses to cold the hot area. I use that. There's also another fan plug that was intended to cold the board.

The only way to plug a 12v it's with two in series (not recommend).

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1091_Main_board_v2.1.1_(x1)/Main%20Board%20V2.1.1.pdf

There's a 5V fan plug on the board that is what um2 uses to cold the hot area. I use that. There's also another fan plug that was intended to cold the board.

The only way to plug a 12v it's with two in series (not recommend).

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1091_Main_board_v2.1.1_(x1)/Main%20Board%20V2.1.1.pdf

Thanks for the help.

Can you show me where to connect it to the board and what to so with the firmware? I have no experience so far with firmware and such.

I would very much appreciate it!

5a3313b89fc1e_Capturadepantalla2015-11-16alas13_16_29.thumb.png.f8698f09e7ef004fa1ae58089daa2bbb.png

There's no need to change anything on the firmware to draw power from this connections, they are always on.

Just remember to check that you are connecting the +/- on the right spots.

5a3313b89fc1e_Capturadepantalla2015-11-16alas13_16_29.thumb.png.f8698f09e7ef004fa1ae58089daa2bbb.png

• Like 1

There's no need to change anything on the firmware to draw power from this connections, they are always on.

Just remember to check that you are connecting the +/- on the right spots.

Thanks for the help, I'll try it out tomorrow