Giant Ultibot

Labern

Posted · Giant Ultibot

So this morning I watched the Ultimaker time-lapse of the Giant Ultibot using the 0.8mm nozzle on the Olsson block.

At the end it showed a bunch of settings so I though I would give it a try.

But if I keep the stated 150 micron layer height, 8% infill and 50mm/s print speed then it comes to 26 hours. I cant minimize the wall thickness as its set to 0.8mm and top/bottom thickness is 0.6mm Both i believe is to small but any bigger and the time just keeps getting longer. The settings posted should really include wall thickness and top/bottom thickness as well as these can be key to replicating a print like this.

If this is just incorrectly calculated time by cura then its quite misleading and makes you think you have the wrong settings. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Posted · Giant Ultibot

Just got an email back from our creative team and turns out there is a typo in the graphic. The robot was sliced not at 150micron but at 250micron. Quite a stupid mistake.

If you change that it ends up at 18h12m.

We're gonna fix the graphic in the timelapse, so it won't cause any more confusion.

Thanks @Labern!

• Like 1

Posted · Giant Ultibot

Just got an email back from our creative team and turns out there is a typo in the graphic. The robot was sliced not at 150micron but at 250micron. Quite a stupid mistake.

If you change that it ends up at 18h12m.

We're gonna fix the graphic in the timelapse, so it won't cause any more confusion.

Thanks @Labern!

Sweet Thanks

I'm not used to printing big stuff :) and didn't want to waist heaps of filament trying this out. the overhangs start quite high so it would take ages to find out And if your team have got good settings, why not use them :)

Thanks

• Like 1