UM2Extended stopping printing prematurely?

brholmes_

Posted · UM2Extended stopping printing prematurely?

Hello! I started printing with a new Ultimaker 2 Extended about two weeks ago and frequently the printer just "finishes" the prints far too early. At times it will be in the middle of a section while saying "x Hours Remaining" and then just stop, saying "Printer Cooling Down" and leaving me with a half-finished irritation. About a week ago I did upgrade this model to support the Olsson Block, and during this change I ended up having to replace the temperature sensor. I've seen that occasionally temperature sensor errors can stop/prevent a print, but as of now I have not seen any error codes at all, let alone ones pertaining to the sensor.

I'm curious as to whether or not this would be a hardware issue or a issue in Cura. I've been looking at the settings and the software defaults to "Print one at a time" mode, often saying prints are too tall, even ones with just a single item. I've found that changing this setting to "Print all at once" and resaving the g code, even if its a print with only one object, will cause it to correct this problem but this doesn't seem right. Would this be an issue with the g code that's saved on the SD card? Possibly an issue with Cura settings? Unseen hardware error? Any help would be appreciated and thank you guys in advance!

Do you usually remove the SD card safely?

Can you recognise a consistency in your failed prints?

If I understand it correctly, there is no temp error or temp bed error in your screen?

If your Ultimaker says Printer Cooling down it doesn't look like a power glitch, or a mechanical thing. But a Cura issue.

Do you usually remove the SD card safely?

Can you recognise a consistency in your failed prints?

If I understand it correctly, there is no temp error or temp bed error in your screen?

If your Ultimaker says Printer Cooling down it doesn't look like a power glitch, or a mechanical thing. But a Cura issue.

Thank you so much for the reply! Now that you mention it, the card was not being safely removed, but as far as I could tell the files always finished copying. When comparing the previously used g code files to newly saved and safely ejected ones, there was anywhere from 2 to 20 megabytes worth of difference, so it seems it was being ejected too early. Thank you so much, again!

• Like 1