Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
almal

Stop extrusion

Hello,

I have a probleme with the print of a complex model. My printer work well with simple model but with this one It start good but after some time y don't give enought material to continue printing. I don't know if I can resolve this problem by changing some preset when sliding to Gcode or I have to change somthing on the model or on the ultimaker. I show you some pincture to ilustrate after. sorry for my poor english. :oops:

That's one complex thing to print, even if you have the retraction and oozing under control then you have long thing parts that can flex during printing.

turn on full support on cura, gcode it and see what happens.

i think it will take a few days of cleaning before you see your tree..

but it could be in there some where !

Ian ;-)

You think that my ultimaker can't do this ?

do you have some advise to give for the preset for cura befor sliding to Gcode?

No idea, the only way to know is to test. But you'll have to print slow, at a low temperature (190-200C). With retraction on.

I know that I would fail that print, either by grinding the filament from all that retracting, or by getting a plug. Aside from that, I would probably not use support tough.

Good luck!