Die Baby Die, the death of the old extruder

ian

Posted · Die Baby Die, the death of the old extruder

The wood material is quite different from PLA though. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it feels to me like the binder is more like a waxy material with wood particles suspended in it. Indeed there is no warp as the wood particles don't change shape at all. The wood material is very cool indeed, but it will never replace plastic and I don't think the non-warping property of it is something that can be translated to thermoplastics.

PLA is a huge improvement on ABS, so maybe some day they will come up with an even better plastic.

Cheers,

Troy.

I confess, I've seen everyone's getting wood lately but I'm not sure what the excitement is.

who wants to print with wood? I could understand metal, electronics and *real* plastics and carbon fiber..

I really hope those upgrades will stop my ultimaker from jamming. Its just not fun having dozens of half finished products lying around. Otherwise, perfect machine!

i have seen a big big improvement with my new extruder v2 upgrade.

actually get finished large 20 plus hour prints now... wowwwww.

Hehe :-)

Ian :D