Heated bed

First success i have my heated bed working. I am using This as a heater:

http://store.qu-bd.com/product.php?id_product=30

Works great. One thing i noticed is that the temp reading of the thermistor is quite off

Heating to 50C using the ulticontroller results something of about 65-70C

I am using the 100k Thermistor table (option 1) in the marlin firmware.

Fro the website of the provider i get the following info (see below for all details)

100k thermistor, beta3950k and i soldered a 4.7k Ohm resistor to the board.

Can anyone direct me to which thermistor table can i use? Or would i need to meassure the resistance and temperature and establish my own curve once i somehow work how what the conversion from resistance to arduino value is?

Any idea is apprciated.

I know i could just find the correct settibg using try and error.

Final question is 60 degree for PLA a good bed temperature?

Thanks in advance

P.s once i get my borosilicate glass I am happy to share my experiences with my heatedbed. I used a smaller 3mm normal sheet and it broke when i tried to get my print off the glass ( the was no plopp effect...) not during heating...

You are looking at the heating element for your 3D printer's bed.  This is a premium silicone rubber heater, normally used in industrial environments to heat large tanks of liquid.  We had these custom made to be the fastest, most evenly heated elements available.  They include a built in 100k thermistor for accurate readings with easy setup.  They run off 12v power so no dangerous voltage and they CAN be run directly with some electronics (some electronics may require a relay due to the current draw).  We have tested these with a Azteeg X1 and X3 from

http://www.panucatt.com

as well as the RAMPS 1.4 directly with no problems (YMMV).  These heaters are flexible and WILL REQUIRE a flat build surface such as glass to mount to.  

200mm x 200mm / 8"x8"

Durable Silicone Rubber Construction

Extremely Even Distribution of Heat

Industrial Duty Cycles For Long Life

Heats To 120 Degrees C in About ONE Minute (assuming adequate power supply)

Integrated 100k Thermistor For Accurate and Reliable Temperature Readings

Integrated Thermistor Beta Value 3950K

Thermistor Leads Are Insulated and Ready To Go

• 1 year later...