Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Xenoyx

Brown bubbles

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new at 3D printing. I've had some workshops for 3D printing and a friend of me asked me if I could build him a 3D printer (Ultimaker Original+). Yet it works, but after a while of printing, weird brown bubbles or something appear. They come most of the time when the filament gets pulled back to go to the second print (pictures are on the bottom). The brown plastic will become a bubble, the printer head will bump to the bubble every time and make the bubble even bigger, until it makes the printer to move the 3d print.

Do you guys know why this is happening and how to get rid of it?

Greetings,

Xenoyx

IMAG0085.thumb.jpg.e824f45ac68b4aa206cd275de757f922.jpgIMAG0082.thumb.jpg.3820297dea12cd5c531ab0f013cd01f3.jpg

IMAG0085.thumb.jpg.e824f45ac68b4aa206cd275de757f922.jpg

IMAG0082.thumb.jpg.3820297dea12cd5c531ab0f013cd01f3.jpg

Probably the nozzle it's dragging filament from the first layers, then it builds more and drops burned on the print. Check the first layers and adjust the bed alignment so it don't drags filament.

Also the temperature could be too high.

Edited by Guest

Probably the nozzle it's dragging filament from the first layers, then it builds more and drops burned on the print. Check the first layers and adjust the bed alignment so it don't drags filament.

Also the temperature could be too high.

As temperature I use 215 degrees of Celsius. The first layers look nice, but after a while (5mm or so) the bubbles appear. I will test soon!

The nozzle could be a little bit too close to the bed, so it drags the printed filament and it builds around the nozzle tip.

Ah that can be because of the calibration method (A4 paper), I have very cheap paper, maybe its thinner... thanks for your help!

• Like 1