LordN1kon

Filament stuck in hot end Isolator coupler umo

Posted · Filament stuck in hot end Isolator coupler umo

Hey guys,

I have one big problem, very often the filament stuck in the hot end Isolator coupler. It looks like the filament where compressed and create a seal and print is gone, i had to disassemble the Head and remove the seal.

I replaced every part of the head including the coupler but it still happens and i don't know why.

Can anybody give me a advice how i can fix it ?

Thx

Posted (edited) · Filament stuck in hot end Isolator coupler umo

Couplers compress overtime and dies, changing the size leaving a gap for the filament. You probably have a) a dead coupler or b) a china coupler with the wrong size.

Also propably you have black goo on the lower part of the barrel/peek. If so, you need to take out the coupler and do atomic pulls of the goo that it's between the coupler/peek and get a new ptfe coupler.

Make photos it's easier.

Example of black goo dead coupler https://ultimaker.com/en/community/18531-multiple-problems-see-picture#reply-128039

Edited by Guest

All parts are new, bought from a licensed Reseller so i think it is not a cheap China product but maybe :). i'will made Pictures after work so you can see exactly what my Problem is.

Then maybe you have an space because the peek/barrel ain't well inserted. Also, check that the nozzle must be tight (don't overdoit because it can break) while hot but the manual fails to explain that