Power plug- can't unplug

rfleming6

Posted · Power plug- can't unplug

I've got an Ultimaker 2 Extended.

I'm attempting to unplug the machine from the back. The user manual says that all I should need to do is slide the collar outwards and the plug should come out with ease.

Mine doesn't.

I've pulled the collar away from the machine, pushed it towards the machine, twisted it a little left and right- I can't find a position where it'll free the connector, and moderate force won't detent the connector. Is there some special trick that is missing from the description in the manual? Last thing I want to do is break it off the board.

Dont Twist it!!!!!!! You can break the plug!!

I find I have to use 2 hands.. one hand holds the wire and the other I pull the sleeve back and wiggle it slightly and it comes out.

The plug should be inserted with the flat part upwards. If you are standing behind the printer, grab that part that slides towards you and pull in that direction while holding the printer with the other hand.

um2_power-plug.thumb.jpg.7b844d0668505d902e8705497bfe7474.jpg

Sorry for the weird camera angle. I can't access my printer easily from the back...

um2_power-plug.thumb.jpg.7b844d0668505d902e8705497bfe7474.jpg

Alright, then I suggest you turn the printer off first. Then unscrew the board cover at the underside of the printer. Then you can take a look at the power plug and hopefully see why it is stuck.

Posted (edited) · Power plug- can't unplug

Finally got the thing loose, had to put the printer face down on a desk and put way more force than should have been necessary to get it removed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by Guest

You can press the plug against printer with a very Little force. Then you move collar away from printer there you can see round plug now a very litle left right shaking move and gently remove the plug away.

Compared this ultimaker to another in the building and had some other people try it- the connector on mine appears to just be on the wrong side of the fit tolerance- the other one takes much less effort to remove.

Posted (edited) · Power plug- can't unplug

If you did not used glue (Joke) it is normal, it feels sometimes like tooth extraction because of the wall from printer pressing a Little against plug. You can remove it without causing any Problems.

Edited by Guest