maxtemp error

kervert

Posted · maxtemp error

i recently replaced my pt100 b (for the second time), and upon reinstalling the new one i am getting "err: maxtemp" when i turn the machine on. everything is as it should be, or at least as it was before replacing the wire. only difference is that i removed the fan because the wires melted on the heating block and it no longer works. would this be causing my maxtemp error? any ideas what is? oh, also i bought this one from china at 1/3 of the price. my guess is that the new temp sensor just doesn't work. would this cause the maxtemp error?

thanks

Posted · maxtemp error

on things like this you really need to pay the price and get something you will know works. 3D Solex sells them or get one from a UM re-seller. Gr5 tests his to make sure they are accurate so if you are in his area it could be a good option.

Its handy to have location and machine in your profile so when you ask questions people can direct you to places in your area and know what machine you are talking about.

Posted · maxtemp error

i updated my profile and just bought a new temp sensor from Gr5. i figure even if i can get the cheap one to work, it'll be nice to have a backup, but this way i can test and rule out whether the cheap one was the issue. such headaches are truly not worth the $10 i would have saved