Extruder screw loosening after a couple of layers

erwin!

Posted · Extruder screw loosening after a couple of layers

Hello,

First, i just build my Ultimaker in the last month and i don't have much experience with it but i do know how to work with it pretty well. And since i'm only 16 and i'm from the Netherlands my English isn't that good yet.

I've been printing some objects with my printer and it was all looking good until ± a day ago, every time i try to print something the screw from the extruder get's less tight after a couple of layers and the filament isn't going though anymore and my prints all get messed up.20120630_202346_w.jpg

I've tried using tape to make it not able to move but that doesn't seem to work as it get's looser without unscrewing itself :?

Thanks In advance for any help,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Did you use a Nylock lock nut inside of the mechanism? One of these:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/File:NyLockNutM3.jpg

It's the nuts with the blue rings inside of them, they are a bit larger, and they also clamp a lot harder on the screw making it almost impossible to shake lose.

(Als je het nog niet gedaan hebt, ik raad je aan je aan te melden voor updates over de "Ulti-Evening":

http://ultimaker.us5.list-manage1.com/s ... ff2262e9b3

We hebben elke 6 weken een bijeenkomst in Utrecht, de volgende is op 19 November)

Oke thanks :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies