Calibration issue with UM original +

MohdAli

Posted · Calibration issue with UM original +

Hello

i am new user of Ultimaker original +, i need help on how to fix this issue in the printed file, as you can see in the car its moving the object away from the previous layer?

i am using PLA with Cura 15.04.4 default PLA setting

Capture.thumb.PNG.b7686f63793c29c7c3f7e5cbf6d23389.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.b7686f63793c29c7c3f7e5cbf6d23389.PNG

Posted · Calibration issue with UM original +

One of your axes is slipping. I assume the X (left/right) axis. I assume the wheels of the car were toward the front of the printer. If not perhaps it is the Y axis.

There are 6 (not 4!). Six (6) pulleys. When you get this tilted problem the solution is to tighten the set screws on the pulleys. Very tight. Tight enough to twist the allen wrench tool (2mm allen wrench).

Many people say they "tightened all the pullleys" but they only tighten the 4 on the long belts. You need to get the one on the motor and the other end of the short belt. Those are usually actually the only 2 that need tightening.

You should be able to get to pulleys on both motors without removing anything - push the head around with power off until the set screw is lined up and visible. Worst case you can remove the small cover held on by 2 screws that hides the motor (this is only for UM2 series) and then remove the motor completely (4 screws) and tighten that pulley very tight.

More details on this and other problems here:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies