Need advice for a print I was doing

rdvx

Posted · Need advice for a print I was doing

Hi,

Recently got an Ultimaker 2+ and I tried to print the Eiffel Tower. I stopped it halfway since it wasn't coming out quite right. What do you think can be the cause and how can I fix it?

My settings are:

PLA material

.6 Nozzle

Layer Height = .1

Thickness=1.8

Travel speed=120mm/s

fill density=20%

Let me know if you guys need anything else.

Thanks!

Heres the pic: http://imgur.com/aJdZmK9

Posted · Need advice for a print I was doing

Hi! Welcome to the forum :)

How is the Ultimaker 2+ working for you?

For the Eiffel Tower, it looks pretty small in size based on your photo.

It also has a lot of details and small strands in it, so you probably want to go with a smaller nozzle than 0.6.

travel speed is the speed your printhead travel at when it is not extruding. Do you know at what speed it was extruding?

When you say thickness, what do you mean? The walls or top and bottom thickness?

Overall for such a detailed print I would suggest to go with a small nozzle, print fairly slow and at a low temperature. Good luck!