Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
weshall

Prints at an angle

I have been fortunate enough to be one of the people attempting to get the new Ultimaker 2 extended + to work properly at my university, but no one can seen to solve this printing at an angle issue.  The very first print out of the box was perfect and ever since than it has been horrible.  I'll attach some pictures.  IMG_2923.thumb.JPG.4bb28a93e1beea22764eaef2d863ab51.JPGIMG_2924.thumb.JPG.b86fe3d194ff16ce69336d492cbaf218.JPGIMG_2925.thumb.JPG.84f9b0007fc20197e7187de674744640.JPG

Edited by Guest

Hi, welcome to the forums!

This is a typical case of a loose pulley. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I think it is always leaning towards the same side?

Find the pulley involved which is involved with that movement and make sure the setscrew inside is nice and tight. Here are some instructions if you need any :)

Good luck!

As Sander says it looks very much like a loose pulley (the little grub screw in the pulley not being tight enough against the axis rod so it slips when trying to do fast moves)

A very easy thing to do, to test this is, is to go over all the pulleys and mark the grub-screw location on the axis rod with a magic marker... Now do a print where your issue will show... then look at all your marks... are they still aligned with the grub-screw positions?