Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
dlavanway

UM2E+ - Side Fan Starting

I just noticed that when my fans come on (the side fans that direct flow through their shrouds) only the right one turns on. If i blow gently from the top at the let one, it will start going as normal.

They are set at 100% speed. Anyone else have this issue? I basically have to babysit the print until it gets to the level of [Fans ON] and then blow on the left fan. After that I don't have to worry about anything.

Have you set the fans to come on 100% right away in cura? The default behaviour is to ramp the speed up gradually during the first few layers. Due to slight differences between fans, one fan might come on sooner than the other when they are just getting partial power. I'm betting the other fan will get going on the next layer, or the layer after that if you just leave it.

IRobertI,

The fans are set to be full on at 5mm height, which would be a gradual ramp from 0 as you point out.

I guess I could test it, but I am worried that the fan may never come on for a long print job and I would have uneven/inadequate cooling resulting in a bad part.