New Cura

msurunner

So I thought I saw in another topic that there's going to be a new release of Cura soonish? Any differences that we can expect? A couple of things I now that I would like to see would be a concentric fill, where it would follow the walls inward, and a scroll window for the slicing results so that if you load five or so models, the model/gcode view pane doesn't continue to decrease each time it slices another model. Slight tweaks I would imagine. Just some thoughts..

Suggesting big features a few days before the new release makes it hard to fulfill wishes ;-)

There are a lot of cosmetic differences, and a few new features. We'll outline the details with the release.

Quick question:

Will it be possible to have individual profiles for each object you print in the project planner, when doing them in "one after the other" mode?

I mean, you would open Project Planner, add Object 1, set Profile for it ("fine, 0.1mm layer"), add Object 2, set Profile for it ("medium, 0.2mm layer") and use "print Object 1 first, then Object 2".

Usually I print "all at once with one setting", but ppl. ask me sometimes for samples of an object in different resolutions (or I want to test out if an object is nicer with "skin" or finer layer etc.) - and that would need different profiles for different objects.

EDIT: Ahh, yes cou can - just saw it in your Video. Great!!! :-)

EDIT: Ahh, yes cou can - just saw it in your Video. Great!!! :-)

I think I show quite a bit in my latest presentation, and really quick. You might want to view it twice or 3 times :p

I noticed that Cura has quite a few features that people want but cannot find. So clearer manual, better buttons are a priority.

will the thin wall problem be resolved ?

many thanks.

Ian :-)

Gotcha, I hadn't realized SF didn't have that capability. Boy, not a fan of Slic3r... at least not after having had Cura. I do like some of the features it contains at first glance, but Daid, you were absolutely right in creating a more user friendly GUI... Also, not a fan of the lack of model view/gcode preview. Any joker ought to know what the rough out line of the part would look like...

what time today is the new cura being released?

Im like Mister Smithers in simpsons looking for the next barbie doll... i want it.... i want it...

i want it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian :D

Just keep watching the blog, the first announcement will be done there.

your doing incredible work Daid !

thank you.

what time today is the new cura being released?

Im like Mister Smithers in simpsons looking for the next barbie doll... i want it.... i want it...

i want it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, here was more my feelings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k

Pins and needles Daid!!!

YAY!!! It's available!!! :-)

Innovation upgrade: Cura 10.08 Win/Mac support

10.08? Did I miss something? What happend to 12.10?

Alexander made a mistake in the version number. We already shot him for this. (Paintball was fun)

It is the 12.10 release, the titel is just wrong.