Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mekks-mechanics

lcd display from um2 on a UMOplus? and stepper question and led light on UMOplus

have anyone tried to use the lcd display from a ultimaker 2 on a ultimaker original plus?

i would think it would work as the motherboard is the same or am i wrong?

does the ultimaker original plus and ultimaker 2 use the same steppermotors?

just ordered a led light kit on aliExpress for the ultimaker 2 that i am planing on using on my ultimaker original plus

but i know i need to do som firmware changes soo is there a easy guide / tutorial on how to change the firmware to make the lights work?

hope i didn't brake any rules since i posted a couple of questions in the same post

Edited by Guest

I suppose you could use um2 firmware, but since the z endstop it's located on the oposite part, you might need to edit the firmware to make it work. Same goes for x/y enstops. If you are up to the task to edit the firmware, go ahead :)

Also remember to change the PID from um2 firmware to the umo+ PID, and max x/y/z/e speeds & accelerations.

It should work, but you will have to make the path (by diy).