Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Asrael75

New Ultimaker 2 Extended+ not priniting

Hi,

hope, somebidy might be abke to help: I just unboxed my new Ultimaker. The setup went ok and a bit plastics came aut of the nozzle. But the first attemps to print failed. I choose a model that was on the SD cart already, but only a few drops came out of the nozzle. I have no Idea what youzld be wrong. Maybe the heatung? But it showed a high Temp. Maybe the transportation of the material? I do not know. Did anybody of you faced the same problem and has a solution perhaps? Would really appreciate help :)

Hi,

I'll respond in Germany since you are from Germany.

Schau dir mal den Drucker genau an wenn der anfängt zu drucken. Sind irgendwelche Geräusche zu hören hinten an der Filament-Führung? Es kann sein dass sich dort etwas verhakt hat und das Filament kommt nicht weiter. Du kannst im Menü am Gerät die Düse auf z.B. 230° heizen und dann hinten am "Feeder" den seitlichen Hebel anheben und das Filament heraus ziehen oder drücken. Vielleicht ist das Filament angefressen und wird nicht weiter transportiert.

The filament was probably getting stuck somewhere in the print head and didn't make it all the way to the nozzle. Try moving the material up and down a few times using the "move material" menu and push the bowden around left/right/front/back until the material suddenly moves much farther down (watch it carefully through the bowden tube) and eventually it should start extruding properly.