Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ensonic

This file will override machine setting with setting from the slicer

I've printed successfully last week. For a project I have 1 last out of nice pieces that I need to print, but today I always get this error "This file will override machine setting with setting from the slicer". Unfortunately it is completely beyond me why this happens. I googled for it, but I don't do anything fancy:

* I removed the printer profile and readded the ultimaker 2

* UltiGCode is selected

* I use quick print

* I resetted the profile

* Now I even install cura_15.04.5-debian_amd64.deb on a different machine

The error is emitted from this code in the firmware

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2Marlin/blob/484b1880d1ab44d69b49014aaa9849820fd4f9c5/Marlin/UltiLCD2_menu_print.cpp#L403-L439

But when I look at the GCode files, they start like this:

```

;FLAVOR:UltiGCode

;TIME:215

;MATERIAL:390

;MATERIAL2:0

;NOZZLE_DIAMETER:0.400000

;NOZZLE_DIAMETER2:0.400000

;Layer count: 14

;LAYER:0

M107

G0 F9000 X101.773 Y101.776 Z0.300

;TYPE:SKIRT

G1 F1800 X104.624 Y99.588 E0.43126

```

So the error should actually not show up. I've also tried to update the firmware, but that does not work (https://ultimaker.com/en/community/20303-update-firmware-from-linux). If this is a April-1st joke it is 2 days too early. Any tips or ideas?

OH-MY-GOD. By sheer coincidence I noticed that by using another SD card printing worked again, with the same files on it. Then I compared the cards and noticed on is formatted as fat16 and one as fat32. The fat16 formatted disk shows the above symptoms.

After searching for fat16 vs. fat32 I also found other users having the same problem. Now I wonder why the manual states that fat16 works, if obviously it does not. Also why the hell is this not fixed? The error that the user gets is so arbitrary that figuring out that this is due to fat16 is next to impossible. I almost decided to get rid of the printer due to that.