Motor not working after extrusion kit upgrade

peetree

Posted · Motor not working after extrusion kit upgrade

I've recently upgraded my UM2 to UM2+ with the extrusion upgrade kit. Updated firmware.

Everything seemed to go fine, but now the Y-axis motor won't run. I thought I must have damaged the wire, but I tested by plugging in the old feeder motor (now left over from the upgrade), with no movement there either.

What happens is that the head won't home prior to running the bed leveling program; it homes in the X axis only, then it gives the "X or Y axis switch broken" error. But the switch works fine because if I manually home the head, the bed leveling program runs, but without any Y-axis movement.

The board and the connector look fine, physically. Please, help me diagnose the problem. Electrical is not my forte.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Motor not working after extrusion kit upgrade

hmm did you correctly upgrade with the right firmware. Ensure that CURA is set to your plus model, and perform a firmware upgrade. If that doesnt work. try a previous different version .. they are currently two work CURA with Plus profiles inside which is the 15.04.4 and 15.04.5

Failing that, try also doing a factory reset.

Perhaps what you could do also is to switch the connection of your X and your Y around to test, to see if it the motor is working or if it something to do with the board?

That will help you isolate what is wrong.

Note that you would have to hit the limit switch manually to stop it from moving.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies