vince805

Please critique my #3dBenchy

Posted (edited) · Please critique my #3dBenchy

I sliced this with simplify3d with the default Ultimaker 2(I have a um2+) settings. What do you think and what would you recommend for settings changes? Thanks!

GbwEEKv.jpg

l9fysYH.jpg

jDZeF21.jpg

avv31dV.jpg

RUuH4n6.jpg

FeYbx6w.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Please critique my #3dBenchy

Looks very good. I wouldn't change a thing.

btw what were the speed setting for travel moves? I found the default to be a bit slow.

Owen

Looks very good. I wouldn't change a thing.

btw what were the speed setting for travel moves? I found the default to be a bit slow.

Owen

I will have to check when I get home. Thanks for the response. I will try speeding it up some, it would be great to get a little faster.

If you rotate the part 45deg it will get rid of the zebra stripes.

Here are the speed settings:

speeds.PNG.8dd18c56fca2bfa63308e9c0729e8cab.PNG

You can change all the ones that have a % to 100. What you lose by printing the outside faster you can gain by printing everything at a constant extrusion rate.

I just started using Simplify3D myself and didn't notice these settings at first and subsequently was printing fairly slow. 65% of 40 = 26mm/s. I also upped the X/Y Axis Movement Speed (Travel Speed) to 200mm/s. This greatly improved stringing.

If you rotate the part 45deg it will get rid of the zebra stripes.

Sounds like a nifty trick, I'll have to test this out. Thanks!

You can change all the ones that have a % to 100. What you lose by printing the outside faster you can gain by printing everything at a constant extrusion rate.

I just started using Simplify3D myself and didn't notice these settings at first and subsequently was printing fairly slow. 65% of 40 = 26mm/s. I also upped the X/Y Axis Movement Speed (Travel Speed) to 200mm/s. This greatly improved stringing.

This is good stuff! Thank you for your input. I will make those changes and I'm excited for some speed increases!