Jump to content

Please critique my #3dBenchy


vince805

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Please critique my #3dBenchy

I sliced this with simplify3d with the default Ultimaker 2(I have a um2+) settings. What do you think and what would you recommend for settings changes? Thanks!

GbwEEKv.jpg

l9fysYH.jpg

jDZeF21.jpg

avv31dV.jpg

RUuH4n6.jpg

FeYbx6w.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Please critique my #3dBenchy

    Looks very good. I wouldn't change a thing.

    btw what were the speed setting for travel moves? I found the default to be a bit slow.

    Owen

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Please critique my #3dBenchy

    Looks very good. I wouldn't change a thing.

    btw what were the speed setting for travel moves? I found the default to be a bit slow.

    Owen

     

    I will have to check when I get home. Thanks for the response. I will try speeding it up some, it would be great to get a little faster.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Please critique my #3dBenchy

    Here are the speed settings:

    speeds.PNG.8dd18c56fca2bfa63308e9c0729e8cab.PNG

     

    You can change all the ones that have a % to 100. What you lose by printing the outside faster you can gain by printing everything at a constant extrusion rate.

    I just started using Simplify3D myself and didn't notice these settings at first and subsequently was printing fairly slow. 65% of 40 = 26mm/s. I also upped the X/Y Axis Movement Speed (Travel Speed) to 200mm/s. This greatly improved stringing.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Please critique my #3dBenchy

    If you rotate the part 45deg it will get rid of the zebra stripes.

     

    Sounds like a nifty trick, I'll have to test this out. Thanks!

     

    You can change all the ones that have a % to 100. What you lose by printing the outside faster you can gain by printing everything at a constant extrusion rate.

    I just started using Simplify3D myself and didn't notice these settings at first and subsequently was printing fairly slow. 65% of 40 = 26mm/s. I also upped the X/Y Axis Movement Speed (Travel Speed) to 200mm/s. This greatly improved stringing.

     

    This is good stuff! Thank you for your input. I will make those changes and I'm excited for some speed increases!

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
          • Like
        • 3 replies
      • UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 
         
          • Like
        • 26 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...