Ultimaker 2 feeder constantly grinding filament and under extruding prints

Posted · Ultimaker 2 feeder constantly grinding filament and under extruding prints

IMG_9189.thumb.JPG.4565b980a4f704b479b24da1807b1e63.JPG[/media][/media][/media]

I have had my Ultimaker 2 since January and I have loved it but now out of the blue is has started over grinding filament and under extruding prints. I have done everything in online trouble shooting guide and nothing seems to be working. I have been printing with ultimaker brand filament. Here are some photos.

The blue robot in the picture was printed before the problems started. I have printed with other colors of filament and the problem still persists so I know that there is nothing wrong with the spool.

Could somebody please help? I am very clueless at this point oh also I have been printing at the ultimaker default settings for PLA. Thanks again.

IMG_9189.thumb.JPG.4565b980a4f704b479b24da1807b1e63.JPG

Posted · Ultimaker 2 feeder constantly grinding filament and under extruding prints

Hi,

Welcome on the forums.

What did you try so far? Might help in order to exclude some potential problems.

If atomic cleaning and cleaning the feeder didn't help, you need to find out what happens with the filament. Either temperature sensor not reporting the correct temperature or the nozzle is partially blocked. Do you have the Olsson Block installed?

if you have the older UM2 with the PTFE might check that it isn't worn out. they need to be changed every 300-500 hours. i know i blew past my 500 mark very fast and started having trouble printing anything.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2 feeder constantly grinding filament and under extruding prints

I do have the Olson block installed and I have cleared out all of the filament from the nozzle. I have also tried printing with the new nozzle and that did not help. I have cleaned out the feeder and checked all of the motors and they all seem to be working fine. How would I go about checking to see what temperatures the sensor is actually reading? And thank you for your time Nicolinux

Edited by Guest

if you have the older UM2 with the PTFE might check that it isn't worn out. they need to be changed every 300-500 hours. i know i blew past my 500 mark very fast and started having trouble printing anything.

I have not done that yet and was unaware that was a think. Thanks for the information.

I do have the Olson block installed and I have cleared out all of the filament from the nozzle. I have also tried printing with the new nozzle and that did not help. I have cleaned out the feeder and checked all of the motors and they all seem to be working fine. How would I go about checking to see what temperatures the sensor is actually reading? And thank you for your time Nicolinux

Get a digital thermometer and touch it to it. My fluke meter has one. As for the PTFE that is very much a thing but mostly when you have printed at super hot temps for ABS or CPE for long periods. But they do wear out often so have a stock of them. My first one lasted me 800 hours......I was lucky haha