Trying to print with abs keeps detatching from bed any where from 20% to 60% into the print

matc94

Posted · Trying to print with abs keeps detatching from bed any where from 20% to 60% into the print

when I print with pla I don't have any issues. ive tried a brim and a raft. my main settings also tried with support material.

nozzle is 250

bed tried at 90 and 100

speed 50

layer height .15

shell .8

the product that it doesn't finish is really really strong so I'm not sure why it keeps doing this

Posted · Trying to print with abs keeps detatching from bed any where from 20% to 60% into the print

yeah ABS is a tricky one, I make a glue slurry and that works most of the time and using a raft. so smear some glue down on the glass good and thick then take a wet cloth and run it over the top to make it wet and a very thin layer of glue/water mix. then set the bed temp to 60 and let it dry on the glass and that works for me about 10 prints. other people talk about making a acetone/ABS slurry and i hear it works wonders but I have never done it. I always try to keep things simple.