Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
disback

Mushroom shaped material blob jams print head after each print

I just typed up a huge post about this, but I got some 503 error and all of my well written post just disappeared ;_;

So I am just going to summarize real fast ;_;

My print head jams every time. I need to cut the material before each print for it to feed into the head. Prints are now all inconsistent. Using only PLA, a weird blob forms after each print that jams the head. I cannot use the "CHANGE" function to eject without cutting the blob off first. Can anyone spot any obvious issues with these images? Could this just be a problem caused by moisture in the filament? Is my PTFE coupler failing? I have clocked 900 hours of print time so far. 1200 hours of online time. Underextrusion seems to be happening on every print now.

QfyMrVn.jpg

Ne01bGp.jpg

oQHAnck.jpg

t5AqWaC.jpg

52eVnPN.jpg

Edited by Guest

You don't show the more important end of your white teflon part. You probably need to change it anyway. I have them cheap here: gr5.org/store/

Also your bowden has lots of scratch marks and I think it's slipping. Inspect the white part with the 4 metal blades that holds the bowden in and make sure the 4 blades are still there. If they are then great. Then cut off about 3mm off the end of the bowden so the blades can grab the bowden at a fresh new spot - you can't have that bowden sliding up. That can cause those mushrooms you speak of.

The "bowden holder" looks good enough to me but I'm not an expert (maybe the metal parts should be angled the other way?).  very nice photography by the way!  If you buy a teflon part then get the clip also (I sell both) but I wouldn't buy a new bowden - just cut a few mm off the one you have so the "bowden holder" can get a grip on some fresh bowden.

Edited by Guest