Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
johncoppola1

Print bed will not rise above Z 177

Hello,

I have been printing with my UM2 Extended+ for a month now. It has been working great. Last night all of a sudden the bed will not rise to meet the print head. The bed does rise, but it gets about half way to the top and it acts like it is caught on something - but it is not. The motor tried to raise it be it keeps clicking and bouncing, but does not raise.

I have tried to re-level but same issue. It is not a software or PC issues as even if I try to rise with the maintenance controls on the printer I have the same issue.

Can some one help?!?

Thanks!

Either the motor is not connected well to the z screw or the motor is not as strong as it should be or the bed is more stuck than it should be.

First check for smooth travel. With power off slide the bed up and down - grip it near the back with both hands. It should be able to go up without lifting the UM2 off the table much. Make sure it doesn't hit the spool holder which passes through the back wall and can sometimes hit the bed.

Maybe send us a video of the issue. Some newer PCBs that come with the printer had a problem with the Z extruder. They lowered the current for that extruder I believe and that makes it less likely to overheat and it works better that way.