Different Fill at 25%.. Is this normal

jweaver

Posted · Different Fill at 25%.. Is this normal

I have printing almost continously for the past 18 months using the "old" versions of Cura and still use 15.04.3

Today I am doing a job and am inspecting the layers and have noticed something that I have never spotted before... The "fill" is usually a grid.. But in my case the fill a series of diagonal lines which alternate by 90 degrees on each layer.. So you still get the 'grid' but its formed over 2 layers.

I am 100% sure it used to be a grid.. So I did a few tests and found that upto 24%, I get the grid.. After that I get the lines.

Is this right? Has it always been like this? I never never noticed it before.. I am sure that its OK, but I thought I would ask, as I have never noticed this before and since the job I am printing today is 10 hours+ and needs to be done today, I thought I had better ask.

Jon