UM Config suggestions

bob

Posted · UM Config suggestions

I printed my longest print yesterday (8 hours) and came up upon a few visual blemishes that I would like to desperse. If anyone could list optimizations for my config/splicer it would be much apreciated.

8219946981_7ad2c9dc04_k.jpg

I circled her 4 problem zones on the front.

Zone one and two consist of excess blobbing both of which are simular,

Zone 3 on the otherhand is a very neat blobing. they look like lines that are ment to be there, (I checked the splicer but there were no errors visible in this area).

Zone 4 consitsts of an inverted zone 1 and 2. it looks like blobs are missing in the insife of the model frame.

8221025060_1ab919eaa4_k.jpg

This is her backside (obiously). I marked the printspeed of the diffrent areas (manually slowing down in the middle) and descovered something that I had seen before at slow speeds.

In the 40mm/s area it is possible to see blobing on the inner sleave (the otherside did not have this). The blobbing is much more extreem then the blob lines that i have found. As soon as I turned up the speed again, the blobbing dissapears (mostly).

Also there is a line of sparse blobbing on the inner thigh.

A bit of stringing is visible as well between the sheaths and the arms (both arms).

and the overlays (i.e. buttocs and hands) are just miserable.

my splicer is Cura and I edited the following settings:

speed 100mm

retraction 4.5mm

z height 0.1mm

temp: 205°

the rest of the settings are at default

any suggestions would be welcome.

First off, very nice model! And a great print already.

Most of the front "errors" are the Z scar, it's a bit hard to get rid off, but you can influence where it comes, right now it seems to origin around the front left corner of the machine, so you could rotate the model in a way so it's less of an issue. You could try the "Joris" setting, but that's not really designed for prints like this, but I've heard reports of people that it helped.

The insides of her legs and a few other 'blobs' are sort of what's left over of strings after the retraction. They should brush off with a knife.

The buttocs are slightly too much overhang I guess, that usually makes it look like this.

I searched for z scars in the forum and am still not sure where the problem comes from exactly. even though most posts said to raise the Z speed.

My guess is that, it is due to extrudeing while moving in the z direction? or maybe leftover extrusion? in that case woudnt it be posible to move the head to the inner part of the model (if possible) and then lower the table?

correct me if Im wrong (which I most likly am :D).

The Z seam has two possible causes, one is the raise of the Z, as there is pressure buildup in the nozzle, some material will still come out during this time. (same effect causes stringing)

Another is that it's the begin/end point of the loops, and the nozzle moves inside from there, this creates a small "gap".

I guess that is why most people suggested moving the Z-axis faster.... Though that probably would only make the "gap" more prominent.... thanks for the info :)