Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
joiler

PLTW and 3D printing

Hello,

First post so ,,,be nice...

I work at a High school with PLTW (Project lead the Way) Engineering. I teach the Intro to Engineering course so we have been utilizing a 3D printer for the past 3 years for students to create the Models and Prototypes for their class projects. Our old printer finally printed its last. We managed to get a nice grant to purchase a new one and after some research... we have arrived here at Ultimaker. I plan to order a Ultimaker 2+ extended as soon as the grant funds have been received. Are there any other PLTW or Engineering teachers here?

We have grown accustom to using the old Makerbot. What differences can I expect?

Hello, PLTW teacher here as well. I teach IED, POE, and CIM. Lots of improvements over the machine you had. I am not sure of what slicer you used, but CURA is very user friendly and students can pick it up really fast. I had one of my students going through and changing filaments, etc. within a day of him getting his hands on it, the machines are that easy to work on.

I see this is not a recent post, so maybe you already have the machine, if so what are your current impressions?