Cooling fan stopped working midprint, not working anymore. UMO+

remy-s

Posted · Cooling fan stopped working midprint, not working anymore. UMO+

Hi,

Today during a 3 hour print my cooling fan suddenly stopped working.

The fan output on the board isn't working anymore for both printing or via the ulticontroller command.

At first I thought the fan died but I tried 2 other ones but they all didn't work on the fan output on the pcb but did work on the 'always on' 24v output on the pcb.

The soldering looks fine and board didn't short out or anything like that.

I restored the board multiple times with no results.

All the parts on the printer are stock Ultimaker parts.

Can anyone please help me? I have no idea how to fix this , the board is only two months old and barely used.

Posted · Cooling fan stopped working midprint, not working anymore. UMO+

I would call your seller for warranty support.

But also, (I would ask them first just in case it affects the warranty, who knows...)

So, you could swap the FAN PWM to the LED PWM. Then I would install this https://bultimaker.bulles.eu firmware. Just choose Ultimaker Original + on the printer selection.

This firmware with the default settings adds an option on the ulticontroller to control the LED PWM connector.

And with the ulticontroller you can raise the led (while having the fans connected to it) and see if it works.

Thinks that can kill the PWM FAN:

- Connecting the +/- inverted kills the transistor

- Using too high mA fan to the pwm fan kills the transistor

So if you didn't did any of that, just call your reseller or ultimaker distributor where you bough the kit.