Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
yj250

Prints are unleveled with edge popping up

Try to print with the nozzle temperature as cool as possible. And try putting a fan in front of

the printer, to remove the heat as soon as possible. On very small items, I sometimes gently blow compressed air onto the print to cool it down faster. (Warning: only use compressed air from a compressor, never from a spray can: they may contain highly explosive gasses instead of air, and you don't want that on hot nozzles...).

More cooling will not eliminate the effect, but it will reduce it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 22 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!