Weird behaviour with multiples instance of "pause at height" plugin

Eurotronic

Posted · Weird behaviour with multiples instance of "pause at height" plugin

Ultimaker 2

Cura 15.04.02

Resolution 0,2mm

Hi everyone, i have a very weird issue with the machine, i hope someone can help me.

here is my problem, i want top use 3 colors in my print, so i added 2 instance of the plugin "pause at height" in cura. The first at 0.8mm and the 2nd at 1.4mm. the final object is 1.6mm thick (it's a coaster)

When it arrive at 0.8mm , the printer pause, i hot swap the filament (i dont use filament change options), hit "resume print", then the machine go to position where its supose to continue printing, but then it retract the filament for something like 30cm!.. Then go back to pause without moving. When i hit "resume print" again it push the same amount of filament and continue printing. The second instance of pause at height (at 1.4mm) dont even work, it continue printing till the end.

I tried changing the retraction amount in the plugin from 5mm to 0.5mm, but it printed just the same.

Here is the Gcode

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D18180CFEA9F3214!15846&authkey=!AAMqvBFYlbbaFZQ&ithint=file%2cgcode

And a printscreen of the plugin setting

cura_s10.jpg

What am i doing wrong? I printed many times with 2 colours without issue like this.

Posted · Weird behaviour with multiples instance of "pause at height" plugin

That problem I had too recently. Solution is: You have to define the stops in reverse order! first instance pause at 1,4mm, second instance pause at 0,8mm. I don't remember where I found that info, it was somewhere documented. Anyway, after that change, everything worked fine for me.

• Like 1