Ultimaker 2+ with Faberdashery White Filament problems

vwguy16

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ with Faberdashery White Filament problems

I recently bought an Ultimaker 2+ ive been very happy with it and had no problems what so ever...all my prints have worked perfectly. Until today...

I ran out of the supplied silver filament so i swapped it over to the white faberdashery filament, i had seen in this forum that people were quite happy with it...however...from the moment i loaded the material ive had issues....under extrusion, looks like the filament is cooling too fast upon extrusion, then it started lifting off the bed as it was printing and now its actually refusing to extrude at all.( so im going to have to clean the nozzle out again)

Ive tried making a new custom setting with the nozzle temp at 220 but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andy

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ with Faberdashery White Filament problems

Hi, Andy,

I print with Faberdashery frequently, and usually have good results.

Is it the right size filament? I know Faberdashery makes 1.75mm and 2.85mm.

Did your filament get tangled? I usually set Faberdashery filaments on a lazy susan while doing long prints.

If you've been printing wth the Ultimaker silver PLA, the white Faberdashery PLA shouldn't adhere any differently from the silver, since they're both PLA. Have the shapes of your prints changed? What sort of bottom layer speed are you using?