At firmware stage for my um2 build but need some help....

Posted · At firmware stage for my um2 build but need some help....

I am at the firmware stage for my ultimaker 2 build but i just can't figure out how to work with it or install it. The um2 was built from sourced parts from scratch and i must get this solved or i spent a whole lot of money for nothing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP GUIDE ME THROOUGH

Posted (edited) · At firmware stage for my um2 build but need some help....

Sorry for the late reply, I have a UM2 board with the oled display and display controller board. I am trying to use the files from youmagine that are inked to github and there is firmware there. However, this is where my problem starts. I am just not sure which file to use and even if someone told me that I couldn't figure out how to install UM2 marlin. Anyone please help.

Here is the link to the files https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2Marlin

Edited by Guest

Normally if it's really an UltiBoard and it's recognized as it by your computer ( I mean your COM port is well displayed), you should be able to just go to Cura and then click on "Machine" menu in the top and "install default firmware".

This should take the UM marlin firmware file from CURA repertory and inject it right to the mobo

So 00D00B, do I open Cura once I get the right Com port and install the marlin from there instead of using git hub files?

Edited by Guest

Yeah that's a china clone.

Can you check if on the connection 'safety 1' & 'safety 2' you have 2 black jumpers?

SDB00151_1.jpg

So 00D00B, do I open Cura once I get the right Com port and install the marlin from there instead of using git hub files?

Check safety first !

Yes I have the black jumpers

I'm just wondering if the board would work without the jumpers because my friend is building a um 2 and it occurred to me that he doesn't have the jumpers?

Edited by Guest