CURA Profile for CubeX Trio/Duo

blacksnake99

Posted · CURA Profile for CubeX Trio/Duo

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has successfully created a profile and used CURA with their CubeX Trio/Duo? It appears it's totally possible if you know the specs and start/end gCode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 11 months later...

I won't get my Cubex Trio until this Sunday (May 28th); and I won't get my first spool of filament until June 1st.

After I've had time to play with it, I'll let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, I'm researching this printer online and studying every aspect of it I can find.

Including:

Ways to get around the proprietary filament cartridge$$$ and how to tweak the configurations settings to optimize output.

• 3 weeks later...

I won't get my Cubex Trio until this Sunday (May 28th); and I won't get my first spool of filament until June 1st.

After I've had time to play with it, I'll let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, I'm researching this printer online and studying every aspect of it I can find.

Including:

Ways to get around the proprietary filament cartridge$$$ and how to tweak the configurations settings to optimize output.

After much expense, experimentation and frustration, I am selling my Cubex Trio and buying a cheaper kit 3D printer that is compatible with a wider range of programs.

In my personal opinion, the Cubex printers are too expensive for what trouble they present; esp, the high cost of proprietary filament cartridges and inability to use Cura to run it (again, proprietary slicer format [.curex] that seems to be unique, glitchy and encrypted so you can't edit it). Finally, I can't find anyone who will work out a fix for these issues.

Ergo: my love affair with the Cubex printers is quite over.

Those were my reasons for not getting that line (or family group) of printers. At the best, I could not justify twice the cost for almost half the weight of filament as well as the proprietary nature of the system.

I have avoided anything proprietary for nearly 30 years.

Since you are in the US, contact fbrc8 and see if they have something in the same price range. You will not get 3 colors, but you will get a rock solid printer from good people who make them in the US for Ultimaker.

Those were my reasons for not getting that line (or family group) of printers. At the best, I could not justify twice the cost for almost half the weight of filament as well as the proprietary nature of the system.

I have avoided anything proprietary for nearly 30 years.

Since you are in the US, contact fbrc8 and see if they have something in the same price range. You will not get 3 colors, but you will get a rock solid printer from good people who make them in the US for Ultimaker.

Luckily, I bought this paperweight on Craigslist for a pittance and am selling it there for twice what I paid for it. With the resulting sale, I'll buy an inexpensive kit from Amazon; one that only requires 'some assembly'. The new machine will work with any slicer software, including Cura; and uses standard bulk filament. It also has self leveling print plate and automatic z-axis setting.

So, it's not a total disaster; just a minor set back and a new life-lesson.

I look forward to using Cura at home, as I do at my public library's Maker Hub 3D printer lab.