Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
KevMcA

Problems with Support Type options on Mac.

I am printing a model where I need extra support inside the model. I looked around and saw my best bet was to use the support type Everywhere on Cura. However, when a go to that dropdown menu it is locked and won't let me select any other options.

I am currently on a Macbook Air that is running OSx 10.10.5 Yosemite.

PROBLEM: There is only one option for support type in Cura, exterior only, but I want to use the option, everywhere.

CuraProblems.thumb.png.f33ef3a856c0e91676b3b4ef7f3e0f33.png

CuraProblems.thumb.png.f33ef3a856c0e91676b3b4ef7f3e0f33.png

Dear KevMcA,

Does your model has a floor or is it hollow? I am not working with a Mac, but several times I used another program to get better supports. I my case that is Meshmaker, free download, funny program, making support on all places where you like to, under command; > analysis - overhangs - support generator.

Dear KevMcA,

Does your model has a floor or is it hollow? I am not working with a Mac, but several times I used another program to get better supports. I my case that is Meshmaker, free download, funny program, making support on all places where you like to, under command; > analysis - overhangs -  support generator.

Thanks for the reply,

I ended up just trying it out on an old windows computer. I'm guessing that it mustn't be supported on the version i'm using. I might try out Meshmaker as well. Thanks again!