Cannot get filament to enter nozzle straight.

Speckles

Posted · Cannot get filament to enter nozzle straight.

misaligned.thumb.jpg.b2c415663d28b8f693dc08ddcd5f9672.jpg

I am having trouble getting the filament to feed into the nozzle. It looks like it never wants to go in straight, and always seems to be curving to the left like image above.

I have done an atomic pull to clean the nozzle three times over, I have also straightened the filament off the spool as much as possible as well as sharpening the end as usually suggested.

Was working perfectly happy last time I printed on the machine, until I had to abort a recent print due to warping of the base. Since then, I have not managed to get the filament to insert without the feeder complaining, most likely due to this misalignment issue. Any suggestions?

misaligned.thumb.jpg.b2c415663d28b8f693dc08ddcd5f9672.jpg

Hi and welcome,

I think the problem here is that the bowden tube is not well placed. After the atomic you probably didn't put it how it should be.

The bowden should enter the teflon (the white piece) a few millimeters, so try to insert it all the way down before securing it with the blue clip, this should then help to guide the filament in the teflon.

Also when you insert material, it's always a good idea to cut the end in a point to help it enter the teflon

This is how the bowden tube should sit in the teflon coupler, and how I would suggest that you cut off the tip of filament for easier inserting.

DSCN5267.thumb.JPG.16e1339f66d30cfc8698fbbf422f3957.JPG

DSCN5251.thumb.JPG.0fb04621832303211d12c08aa7c7d534.JPG

Hi and welcome,

I think the problem here is that the bowden tube is not well placed. After the atomic you probably didn't put it how it should be.

The bowden should enter the teflon (the white piece)  a few millimeters, so try to insert it all the way down before securing it with the blue clip, this should then help to guide the filament in the teflon.

Also when you insert material, it's always a good idea to cut the end in a point to help it enter the teflon

You were absolutely right about the bowden. Somehow after I did an atomic pull, I switched the ends, which apparently is a no-go! Now it is entering just fine! Now I can finally have a go at printing my first objects out! Thanks!

This is how the bowden tube should sit in the teflon coupler, and how I would suggest that you cut off the tip of filament for easier inserting.

This image helped me deduce the 'wrong way up' incident with my bowden tube. My tupe had not entered nearly as far down as your image! Thank you kindly