Need Help

mahsud

20160628_010637.thumb.jpg.bce84e516952edc325aff0ecfe62fb25.jpg

Hi, Have tried my third print with Silver PLA using an UMO+ with a 0.4mm Nozzle. I have the following observations while using the high and the Ulti Quality options.

1. The Extruder via Nozzle would not lay material on the first pass of the profile.

2. The Ultimaker Motor 20160628_012720.thumb.jpg.58345e24e92a04b048984c9332ac6e7b.jpgHousing replica you see has several issues though i made it with the ulti quality option.

3. The nozzle either doesnt eject material or then ejects chunks towards the end of the print.

4. The quality of the finish is not visibly too good. Is it because i am using the quick print options? Would the advance options help?

Any help on the above will be highly appreciated

best regards

Mahsud

Well if you use that setting first yhink I would do its to change to advanced and adjust the speed of everything (except travel movement) to the same. Or 0 so the print speed overrides it and you can get equal speed on all parts. Anyway there's plenty of stuff you must get perfect for ultiquality like bed leveling, perfect hotend assembly, etcetc.

So. To print high quality all must be perfect. Print something at 0.15-0.2 layer height, adjust temp and all that so it prints without motor skipping or bowden popping and you can start printer ng somethings low quality, and the moving to high.

Also for the shake of being sure. Can you check if you have any leak? How? Look at the top alu block and look for blackgoo. If you see any, make photos and we start from there. If not, level the bed perfectly. And try again.

Posted · Need Help

Well if you use that setting first yhink I would do its to change to advanced and adjust the speed of everything (except travel movement) to the same. Or 0 so the print speed overrides it and you can get equal speed on all parts. Anyway there's plenty of stuff you must get perfect for ultiquality like bed leveling, perfect hotend assembly, etcetc.

So. To print high quality all must be perfect. Print something at 0.15-0.2 layer height, adjust temp and all that so it prints without motor skipping or bowden popping and you can start printer ng somethings low quality, and the moving to high.

Also for the shake of being sure. Can you check if you have any leak? How? Look at the top alu block and look for blackgoo. If you see any, make photos and we start from there. If not, level the bed perfectly. And try again.

Dear Neotko thanks a million for the immediate response. As per your suggestions i will ensure the bed level again and am keeping an offset of one A4 paper between the 0.4 mm nozzle tip and the glass bed. The feed rate during print is set at 100% (default) and i expect CURA to intelligently manage the feed rate. Kindly note that i am using the quick print option as i am a novice to Fused Filament Printing and UMO+ and would expect CURA to take control.

There is no leakage in the Aluminum Block of the extruder as i had ensured a tightly screwed connection hence no GOO.

Please tell me if the following is correct when i print on default settings

1. The Ultimaker heats the bed to 70 deg C but does not preheat the PLA (I have to do this manually via the Ulticontroller).

2. After reaching 210 deg C for PLA and 70 deg for Heated Bed the extruder moves in to action but moves a profile without extruding any PLA initially. Later it extrudes PLA after delay and i feel that is the reason why the base of any structure does not appear neat

3. After preheating bed and PLA why does the foundation layer of the print appear (you can see the image i attached, this is the base of the structure)

4. It appears like the material feedrate is inconsistent and so far all the parts that i have printed (03 in total) have a similar problem with the base structure and when reaching 70% completion starts extruding excess material and deforms the shape.

Looking forward to your reply

best regards

Mahsud

Posted · Need Help

Dear Neotko thanks a million for the immediate response. As per your suggestions i will ensure the bed level again and am keeping an offset of one A4 paper between the 0.4 mm nozzle tip and the glass bed. The feed rate during print is set at 100% (default) and i expect CURA to intelligently manage the feed rate. Kindly note that i am using the quick print option as i am a novice to Fused Filament Printing and UMO+ and would expect CURA to take control.

There is no leakage in the Aluminum Block of the extruder as i had ensured a tightly screwed connection hence no GOO.

Please tell me if the following is correct when i print on default settings

1. The Ultimaker heats the bed to 70 deg C but does not preheat the PLA (I have to do this manually via the Ulticontroller).

2. After reaching 210 deg C for PLA and 70 deg for Heated Bed the extruder moves in to action but moves a profile without extruding any PLA initially. Later it extrudes PLA after delay and i feel that is the reason why the base of any structure does not appear neat

3. After preheating bed and PLA why does the foundation layer of the print appear (you can see the image i attached, this is the base of the structure)

4. It appears like the material feedrate is inconsistent and so far all the parts that i have printed (03 in total) have a similar problem with the base structure and when reaching 70% completion starts extruding excess material and deforms the shape.

Looking forward to your reply

best regards

Mahsud

tempFileForShare_2016-06-28-22-51-34.thumb.jpg.8a2d61df6fc102d66ebb0d031782ac4d.jpg

tempFileForShare_2016-06-28-22-51-34.thumb.jpg.8a2d61df6fc102d66ebb0d031782ac4d.jpg

Ok let's check the mechanical parts.

Check this video and move to minute 4:05

Check that your feeder assembly it's like the video. Sometimes something like the lock makes the feeder loose it's tension and it's a very easy problem. Anyway there's more stuff to check.

Also, previous printing, you can manually heat the bed first, then the extruder to 210 and manually push filament until you see it comes out. Then you print the file.

Also, you should do some atomic pulls to clean nozzle/barrel, it isn't mandatary, but it's always nice to have all clean.

I would also, try 220C and see if that helps. Temperature of the filament always depends on speed, filament, layer. Basically the faster mm3 you print, the more heat you need. Also, when you print slow you can go to lower temps. It depends on the material.

Btw I think your bed calibration it's still a bit off. Make it manually, clean the nozzle first, then heat the bed to 60 (you don't need 70C for PLA) and do 'Home' on prepare, and move the hotend to the 3 points where the screws underthebed are. Then, make sure that the nozzle it's almost almost touching the bed. Or use a paper sheet to check that it's scratching it, but not hard (the paper vs the nozzle). Then repeat until you have that basic 3 points at the same height.

Posted · Need Help

Btw I think your bed calibration it's still a bit off. Make it manually, clean the nozzle first, then heat the bed to 60 (you don't need 70C for PLA) and do 'Home' on prepare, and move the hotend to the 3 points where the screws underthebed are. Then, make sure that the nozzle it's almost almost touching the bed. Or use a paper sheet to check that it's scratching it, but not hard (the paper vs the nozzle). Then repeat until you have that basic 3 points at the same height.

Neotko i levelled the bed as suggested and ran the Bed Leveling Wizard and this is what UMO+ did

20160628_234106.thumb.jpg.d61eea2c4304d9d53da02d63e01108d6.jpg[/media]

20160628_234106.thumb.jpg.d61eea2c4304d9d53da02d63e01108d6.jpg

Posted · Need Help

Neotko i levelled the bed as suggested and ran the Bed Leveling Wizard and this is what UMO+ did

20160628_234106.thumb.jpg.d61eea2c4304d9d53da02d63e01108d6.jpg[/media]

20160628_234118.thumb.jpg.ed43d77a04f74ee72c6557263d926efd.jpg

20160628_234106.thumb.jpg.d61eea2c4304d9d53da02d63e01108d6.jpg

20160628_234118.thumb.jpg.ed43d77a04f74ee72c6557263d926efd.jpg

I still think the lines dont look squished enough