No extrusion

Sforsyth

Posted · No extrusion

Hi all,

So I have an Ultimaker 2+ and I recently tried the Colorfabb Bronzefill PLA material. The print failed just before the end, and I don't know why. I decided to change back to the ultimaker material, but it wasn't extruding. I tried to use the option to Move material as per the instructions, but it wouldn't extrude. So then I tried the Atomic Method, and after about 8 attempts of heating up to 260C and cooling down to 90C, I eventually got a residue free (none of the bronzefill material) conical shaped end on my PLA. However, it's STILL not extruding. Any ideas? I'm going to swap nozzles to try that, but after taking off the 0.4mm nozzle, I can clearly see it's blocked. Is it advisable to try to unblock using a pin or something? Or is there another solution?

Any advice greatly appreciated! The bronzefill material looked great, but if this is what it's gonna do to the printer each time maybe I should drop it.

Cheers,

Seán

Posted · No extrusion

Update: Changing the nozzle didn't work either - it's still not extruding. I can see the feeder moving it as much as it can when I try the Move material option so I know it's feeding the material well enough... Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.

Posted · No extrusion

Okay, - user error strikes again. I hadn't pushed the Bowden tube down quite far enough after the atomic method. Did it now and it works again. Hopefully this helps someone else with the same problem at some stage.

Posted · No extrusion

Bowden not actually inserted into teflon, so filament hits the top inner side of teflon and refuses to go in? At 3D Solex they have a teflon which has a bigger entry-chamfer so the bowden more easily clicks into place...

Posted · No extrusion

Bowden not actually inserted into teflon, so filament hits the top inner side of teflon and refuses to go in? At 3D Solex they have a teflon which has a bigger entry-chamfer so the bowden more easily clicks into place...

Yeah, that was exactly what was happening, thanks. Having owned this machine for just a few days, I'm not ready just yet to upgrade it, but that looks interesting!