Cura 2.1.2 crashes into object in "One at a Time" mode

znib

Posted · Cura 2.1.2 crashes into object in "One at a Time" mode

I moved from Cura 15.04.6 to 2.1.2 yesterday and tried to print two parts in "One at a Time" mode.

When it started to print the second part, the print head crashed into the first part because it placed the two objects two close to each other.

In 15.04.6 I can set the printer head size, but I can't find this setting in 2.1.2, can anyone tell me where to find it?

Also, when I have a Ultimaker original, with completely original printer head, and I choose "Ultimaker original" as my printer in Cura, why does it not have the correcet printer head size set already?

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.1.2 crashes into object in "One at a Time" mode

It could be that we made a mistake with the sizes. I've created a bug report on our internal tracker for you.

You can change the head size in the ultimaker_original.json file. The setting you are looking for is called something like machine_head_polygon.

My guess is that this went wrong because we actually hardly have un-modded UMO machines in the office (and never got tested quite right). Shame on us...

*edit* : For our own reference; CURA-1948

Edited by Guest

It could be that we made a mistake with the sizes. I've created a bug report on our internal tracker for you.

You can change the head size in the ultimaker_original.json file. The setting you are looking for is called something like machine_head_polygon.

My guess is that this went wrong because we actually hardly have un-modded UMO machines in the office (and never got tested quite right). Shame on us...

*edit* : For our own reference; CURA-1948

It's machine_head_with_fans_polygon.

In Cura 15.04.6 it had the following numbers:

Head size towards X min 75mm

Head size towards Y min 18mm

Head size towards X max 18mm

Head size towards Y max 35mm

However, all of them except X max seem to be very optimistic, I'd add at least 5mm to each.

In ultimaker_original.json machine_head_with_fans_polygon I can see 8 numbers, grouped in pairs:

-75, 35

-75, -18

18, 35

18, -18

So the numbers seem to be the same. I don't know if it crashed into the part because the numbers are too optimistic, or if there is a bug somewhere.

Anyway, I think there should be a way to set the printer head size without having to edit a .json file. Even if it comes with correct defaults, many ppl have modified their print heads with other fans, etc.

Edited by Guest

I think the order of the points in the polygon are wrong. Plotting those out, in the order given in the json file produces a bow-tie like object.

I think the points should be in this order:

-75,-18

18,-18

I think the order of the points in the polygon are wrong. Plotting those out, in the order given in the json file produces a bow-tie like object.

I think the points should be in this order:

-75,-18

18,-18

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this until end of next week, maybe nallath can confirm that this could be the problem?

I don't think it matters in what form the points are.

Removing my reply. I didn't read nallath's comment correctly

Edited by Guest