Can't click on Cura

kderrida

Posted · Can't click on Cura

I can't change anything inside the Cura 2.1.2 window by clicking on it, and I'm stuck at the "Add Printer" screen. I can't even x out of it, I can only shift focus to the window (two, really, one for cura, one for add printer) by clicking there. The mouse pointer does change to an I shape when it's over the "Printer name" text box, but I can't click inside to edit it. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I've tried searching, and I can't find anything.

Sounds like there may be another window (probably an error alert) that got covered up and has the input focus, so no other window will accept input.

Have you tried Alt+Tab or Windows+Tab to see if there is another hidden window?

Can you move any of the windows around to see if anything got covered up?

Then there's always the default: Try updating your Display Adapter drivers.

OK, I updated my display drivers, and it didn't change the problem. Starting in Safe Mode won't run Cura just because safe mode doesn't run enough display drivers for OpenGL. There are no hidden windows popping up in the background, I checked, and the windows themselves aren't behaving like they would with a hidden foreground window. Cura 15 works just fine with no problems, except that I need Cura 2.

Maybe try an older version of cura. Or you can run it as admin.

OK, I tried "Run as administrator" and no dice. Exact same problem when running as admin.

Also yes, old versions work, but I need Cura 2.

OK. Grasping at straws here and gonna shotgun it (metaphor mashup):

1. Try uninstalling and then re-installing, but run install as Administrator.

2. Try uninstalling and then install 2.1.1

3. Try turning off windows firewall and then run it. Because...why not :)

4. Try turning off your antivirus and running it. Again... because...

5. Try running it in Win7 compatibility mode (assuming you've been forced to win10 by micro$oft)

6. If your on 64bit windows try installing the 32 bit version.

These are all things I'd try if I were in your shoes.

Make sure all cura software is off your computer and then reinstall it.

No need. All the older versions up to 15.xx can run next to each other.

• Like 1

Then just run it as admin.