help with printing issue

isacat

Posted · help with printing issue

Hi, I have issues with printing the ribs, it prints fine for the two thirds of the print ribs1.JPG.

My guess because the object is moving at that moment and is unstable.

So second try I add support but you see, it's still bad :-( ribs2.JPG

can you please help me out here? I used for both prints a raft.

Posted · help with printing issue

These parts are wobbling while printing. There is no simple solution but there are several solutions.

1) You could put better support on these such that they don't wobble so much. The built in support of cura 14.X and 15.X could be better. Try cura 2.X (the latest) support features - they really improved the options on those and you can have the supports follow further up the ribs.

2) You could lay the ribs flat. They will then print much better. But you will get a larger area where support touches the rib that will look - less pretty - but at least the prints won't fail. This is probably what I would do.

3) Design your own supports. If you don't know how to use CAD software this might be an opportunity to learn one of them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies