Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
olivier29900

Problem at the end of my print

Hi UM2 users !

I have an issue at the end of my printing process. When I lauch the print it all goes well until I get to the 3/4 of my object ans suddently I got holes and little pieces in my print and even deformed tip at the end. My filament doesn't flow well at all but only after 2 or 3 hours printing...

Can someone help me please ?

Hi!

There are different possible reasons why this happens. Share some pictures of the design and I'm sure we can solve it.

Also, as there are so many things to take into account, it would be necessary to know the material, temp and speed you're printing with. What you're describing reminds me when I print really small design where the printhead doesn't let the plastic cool down, deforming the shape. If that's the problem, know that the solution to that is available in Cura (it was called "Cool head lift" in Cura 15.04).

For solve this problem, the best way it's to print "refrigeration tower" next to your first object. When you print the second one, the first one can cool down! Your refrigeration tower can be a second object or just a cube^^

The other option, like "Miminum layer time" when combine with "Cool head lift" but filament is often burn into the nozzle...

• Like 1