Thank You Ultimaker

UserRAD

Posted · Thank You Ultimaker

Towards the end of June, parents had an opportunity to meet the new principal of St. Joseph High School in Brooklyn, NY. Due to a family emergency, me and my wife did not plan to attend. The night before the meeting a reminder e-mail was sent out to parents. After a discussion with my wife, we decided we were able to attend the meeting.

At the parent meeting, the new principal introduced herself. She also outlined some plans for the future of St. Joseph High School. One item she highlighted was her background with 3D printing and how she was in contact with a company to bring 3D printing to the high school. Personally, this interested me.

That night I went home and e-mailed the principal and made an inquiry as to the company which was gifting the school and how would I go about doing something similar for the school which I already had an electronics after-school program established.

Not only did I receive a response from the new principal that same night, I received two of them. The first e-mail response included the company’s name, which you have probably already guessed is Ultimaker, and the second e-mail response included a link to the application for the Ultimaker Pioneer Program, along with the information that the application deadline was the very next day.

It was approximately two weeks after the application submission that I heard from Liz and Laura about my acceptance into the Ultimaker Pioneer Program. After consulting with St. Mary Gate of Heaven Catholic Academy’s principal, I went ahead and accepted to participate in the program.

The new principal of St. Joseph High School is Caroline Latham, a fellow Pioneer. I want to take this opportunity to thank Caroline Latham for taking the time to communicate with a parent and for offering her assistance as I embark on the 3D printing journey.

I want to thank Ultimaker for giving me, and the students of St. Mary Gate of Heaven Catholic Academy, this wonderful opportunity to participate in the Ultimaker Pioneer Program.

• Like 4

Posted · Thank You Ultimaker

Hi @userRad, thank you for your post and we are all excited you have joined the community!

We're looking forward to see more of you and what you will be contributing to the pioneering program and the community in general.

Please keep us updated about your experiences and challenges :)

Looking forward hearing from you,