UM2+: Pause at height and then change filament from screen

peetersm

Posted · UM2+: Pause at height and then change filament from screen

Has anyone had luck with this? this is what I did.

1. use the pause at height plugin to pause at specific height.

2. once paused (using UM2+) perform and filament change from control screen.

3. Had plenty of the new color coming out of the nozzle.

4. select resume job.

5. nozzle did not extrude any plastic for 2 layers...print ruined.

Have you had luck with this?

Cura 15.04.5

UM2+ firmware 15.04.5

(this works like a charm on my UM+)

I had that problem once also, it seems to me that after changing material the filament is retracted. I'm not sure if the latest firmware update corrects this but here's what i do now:

After the change material and before resuming the print, i hold the pressure lever of the feeder and push the filament by hand to be sure that it's extruding, then i resume the print...

On the UM2 you have to compensate the 20mm retract of the material change wizard.

Make some calculations and increase the "Retraction amount" for the pause at height plugin (it's in cubic mm if you use the UltiGCode flavor).

Re-sclice and you'll see the difference....

Good luck!

On the UM2 you have to compensate the 20mm retract of the material change wizard.

Make some calculations and increase the "Retraction amount" for the pause at height plugin (it's in cubic mm if you use the UltiGCode flavor).

Re-sclice and you'll see the difference....

Good luck!

thanks, this worked! basically change the plugin value for "retract amount in mm" to 128 and it worked.

Do you know if the general retraction settings are also read as mm^3 and not mm?

Do you know if the general retraction settings are also read as mm^3 and not mm?

You're talking about the retraction length that is specified on the printer? That's in mm.

The conversion in cubic mm is only needed for those "manual" UltiGCode that is inserted during postprocessing by the slicer.