Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
CheaT

part walls became concave - no idea how to fix it

Hi all

I have a Problem when printing on my UM2+

My walls don't became vertical, they always are bended to the inside and I have no idea how to fix it.

Currently, I'm printing the yellow ring of the Fallout 4 Mini Nuke Storage Box from thingiverse.com (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1235346) and the slightly concave shape has bent on the wrong side.

I'm printing signal yellow colorfabb PLA/PHA with covered front door at 210° C nozzle / 60° C bed-temp

ymji0.jpg

xekxr.jpg

Does anybody know how to fix it, or maybe sends me a good cura-profile for PLA?

BTW I've read about a plugin for Cura which allows you to set a higher temperature for the first layer, can anybody please send me a link, honestly I'm too foolish to find it by myself xD

Edited by Guest

It's a little hard to tell what you mean, and the photos don't really show anything out of the ordinary to me. Could you post more photos of the part itself or the specific area that's the problem?

Though from what you described it sounds like your print could be 'leaning' which could be a hardware problem. Have you checked to make sure all the pulleys on the machine are tightened and not slipping anywhere? Usually the ones that are most prone to slipping are on the XY axis rods.

I usually print PLA at 215-220 C (mostly because I print fast/large layer heights and I'm lazy - if you use finer resolutions or slower speeds you should be looking at a range between 190-210 C) with a bed temp of 60 C (or 65 C, if the air conditioning is on or the window is open). With colorfabb I was using 230 C. Not very impressed with their PLA/PHA as it seems to print thickly, very rough and require higher nozzle temps than the Ultimaker stuff does. The yellow in your pics looks a lot better than the white I was working with though.