changing from PLA to ABS?

Posted (edited) · changing from PLA to ABS?

Hello All!

so as i am in the process of giving my ultimaker origonal a serious overhaul (dual fans, heated bed, enclosed build chanmer and multiple new parts) I realise that to print some of these new parts (espcially parts that will be subjected to a lot of heat or strain and pressure) its best to print them in ABS

so as someone who has never used ABS, only using PLA, what is the best method to

1) prepare your printer to print ABS, so purging it etc

2) best wat to get ABS parts to print and stick to your heated bed

3) getting my printer back to printing PLA

also any advice on characteristics of ABS, i have heard it can smell quite nast. i keep my 3D printer in a cupboard in the middle of my house, could this cause any problems?

Many thanks everyone!

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies