Cura 2.3.0 not slicing

yellowshark

Posted · Cura 2.3.0 not slicing

OK I finished my software configuration and loaded a model. The message at the bottom right changed from "Please load a model" to "Preparing to slice..." and that is where it stayed. After 10 minutes I closed Cura and restarted, losded my settings Profile and the model and the same thing happened again.

Any ideas? It is a small model, centred on the bed and in 15.04.4 takes about 4 seconds to slice with same settings.

It never happened to me with a single model but I had a few times that duplicating a model multiple times and scaling some of them results in cura getting stuck in an endless slicing loop where it won't get out any more....

And as a side note, placing multiple models and scaling them is very time consuming as after you scale a model even only in z it gets moved to the centre of the bed.... pretty annoying...

Thanks for that. Just before going to bed last night I made some progress, establishing that it was a Machine Settings problem. I added another printer and chose Ultimaker 2 and the model sliced.

I had chosen a German Reprap Neo from the Other printer list and added my settings and gcode. This morning I decided to start again. Under Adding a Printer I chose “Custom printer” which I must have missed last night – not sure how as it is staring you in the face, but I did.

Setup my printer again and it all works.