Stop feeding after a couple milimiters

lugarcia218

Posted · Stop feeding after a couple milimiters

Hi guys,

I am a mechanical design engineer and recently I bought a UMO+.

I am having a lot of trouble with grinding of the filament.

For setting up the tension on the feeder.

I heated up the nozzle to 210C and released all the tension from the feeder.

Then, manually started to move the feeder wheel and tension up the spring until some filament was extruded.

At this point, I can see some marks on the filaments running through the bowden cable. (IDK if this is normal)

I can print some parts, without retraction, if they are under 3 hours.

I tried to print a 6 hours print today and it stop feeding after the 4th hour. No more filament coming through the feeder.

After canceling the print, with the nozzle still hot, I was able to push the filament manually like 3 mm and the filament came through the nozzle.

I appreciate any suggestions!

PS: I also have troubles when I use retraction, the filament gets grinded very soon. I believe it is related.

Hi and welcome!

First, to help you, It would be nice if you can check for example that the Feeder is correctly assembled, that the Delrin clip is in place and that everything looks ok. To do so, check this videos

This guys have the best videos IMO that cover all the basics of the UMO+ assembly and start up, please don't skip them and check all of them, it might be just something isn't as it should be. If not, please make photos of the feeder assembly, hotend, check that the bowden tube is fully inside the PTFE Coupler, etc.

On this video check with special attention to the minute 04:XX that they feed the filament so you can compare your assembly to theirs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

The last video was awesome!

I made a mistake on the assembly of the feeder. The lever was too tight and was not sliding to secure the clamp.

I hope this solves my issue. I will come back to you, hopefully with some printings!